Christmas seems like a very, very long time ago, and 6 months have passed since we ran our first online fundraising campaign: Climate Confident Teachers. We raised a fantastic £4,278.50 and here is a summery of what, with your amazing support, we have achieved so far:
- 22 teachers(out of a target of 40 over the full year) have been trained to be climate change champions in their schools through 3 workshops that took place in Bath, Bristol and Gloucester.
- A six-month partnership with TeachitPrimary has seen our page viewed 836 times, with 1031 downloads of our resources. Our KS2 Scheme of Work accounted for quarter of all page views, with the Polar Bear Quiz and Awesome Arctic Experiments being the most popular resources.
We’ve had some great feedback so far:
- ‘Thank you so much for an amazing workshop. It was very inspiring and coincidentally fell right when I needed it, as I plan this year’s international week based around sustainability and climate change.’
- ‘Informative workshop, which highlighted the need for changes within the curriculum and how we could implement those changes.’
- ‘Inspirational; good insights; action and awareness; pro-active; small steps = long leaps.’
- ‘Inspires a stronger focus on climate change and provides the reasoning and resources for doing so.’
- ‘Lots of practical ideas for embedding geography across the whole school, especially with a focus on climate change and sustainability.’
Over the next six months we plan to hold at least 2 further teacher training workshops for over 20 teachers, and to continue our partnership with TeachitPrimary.