Our Commitment to handling your data
This policy explains how we may obtain your information and how we will treat this information. It applies to all users of the www.wickedweatherwatch.org.uk website and all products and services offered by Wicked Weather Watch.
If you live in the UK or elsewhere in the EU, we have a legal duty under the General Data Protection Regulation to prevent your personal data falling into the wrong hands. Your personal data is any information that relates to you, and includes information like your name, address as well as any other information that could identify you, for example a photograph or an internet address. We must also ensure that the data we hold is correct, useful and not held for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed.
When and how do we collect your information?
We often ask for your information. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- When you donate or fundraise for us
- When you subscribe to our mailing list
- When you volunteer with us
- When you attend an event
- When you sign up to a campaign or take a campaign action
- When we need to pay you for a service
- When you provide a service for us
- When you visit our website
When asking for your information, for example at an event or on our website, we will always explain why we would like to contact you, for example general updates or communications related to fundraising. You will be able to choose how you wish to be contacted, for example by email or telephone.
You can also contact us directly at any time to ask us not to contact you in the future by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to a copy of all the information we hold about you (apart from a very few things which we may be obliged to withhold because they concern other people as well as you). To obtain a copy, write to email@example.com. There is a charge of £10 for a copy of your data (as permitted by law). We aim to reply as promptly as we can and, in any case, within the legal maximum of 40 days.
What information we collect
Normally the only information we hold comes directly from you. Whenever we collect information from you, we will make it clear which information is required in order to provide you with the information, service or goods you need. You do not have to provide us with any additional information unless you choose to.
Examples of the type of information we collect:
- Personal identification information
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Events, including photographs (we will always ask your permission at event registration or ask your to sign a consent form)
- If you volunteer with us or work with us as a partner, or supply us with goods and services then you may provide us with additional information
- If you apply for a job, the information provided in your application
You can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
- Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about you when you interact with our website. This could include:
- the browser name
- the type of computer
- technical information about your means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Wicked Weather Watch may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently including support to our volunteers.
- To personalize your experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
- To improve our website: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We do not share personal identification information with partner organisations or any other organisation that we work with. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We will never share your data with a third party without telling you and we will only do this very rarely, for example if you sign up to an event and we need to submit information to an events company.
We will share your personal information with colleagues within Wicked Weather Watch.
How long will we store your information?
We’ll only store your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected. Due to laws or regulations this may be up to seven years for some types of information, however it is likely to be shorter. Once it is no longer necessary to store your information, we will delete it.
Third party websites
You may find advertising or other content on our website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Wicked Weather Watch, c/o Global Resins, Unit & Park Lane Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Corsham. SN13 9SA.
This document was last updated May 2018.